To celebrate the release of Sing in the Morning, Cry at Night — the latest release in Akashic’s Kaylie Jones Books imprint, and one of Publishers Weekly’s Best Summer Books of 2014 — Kaylie Jones sat down to talk with debut novelist Barbara J. Taylor about her inspiration, her writing process, and what keeps her going.
Featured: Black Interest
- Mr. Loverman
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- The Lunatic
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Jesus Boy
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- God Carlos
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop