The bells of the village clang. Sunlight bounces over both steeples and through the curtains. Periwinkle shutters open onto the square, and from the street, the beginning chatter of our neighbors heading up the lane to meet the bread van floats in on the breeze. A minute later, the other set of bells on the other church sound . . .
September 2013 News & Features
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic interns Anaka Allen and Lisa Martens!
You tell yourself you have a handle on it, that it’s not so bad. You catch yourself looking down at that once-precious, bleeding, now-scarring arm—blisters reddening, rotting boughs hemorrhaging, far from on the mend, things swelling where they shouldn’t. And those twitches you have . . .
A Dialogue on Etzler’s Paradise by John Adolphus Etzler (by Robert Antoni, from As Flies to Whatless Boys)
Montague Kobbé talks about the inspiration behind his debut novel, The Night of the Rambler.
Featured: Black Interest
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- The Hungered One
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Loving Donovan
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Black Music
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Mr. Loverman