Introducing the Spring Thrills Digit! Excerpts from By the Balls: The Complete Collection by Jim Pascoe and Tom Fassbender, Heart of the Old Country by Tim Mcloughlin, Southland by Nina Revoyr, and The Plot Against Hip Hop by Nelson George.
I don’t do well in situations like this.
I don’t like to talk about myself, and I don’t like small talk. Guess that makes me the odd man out in LA.
The scene before me spread out like the opening of a movie. Interior establishing shot. A party. Extras hovering around, moving lips without anything coming out. Even with a bunch of people all grouped together, the place felt sparse. Ten thousand square feet and twenty-five-foot ceilings will have that effect.
What was I doing here, in a penthouse loft on Spring Street?
Dance music from the 80s pushed out of a 90s plastic boom box, the kind that looked like the front end of a car. No one was dancing.
Two weeks. Audrey had been gone for two weeks….
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- The Worst Breakfast
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – STANDARD EDITION
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Demons in the Spring
- I Love You Too
- Infinity Blues