Peter Kimani will discuss the “Heart of darkness” phenomenon associated with Africa, due in part to Joseph Conrad’s famous novel by the same title. He will also discuss the making of Dance of the Jakaranda, which was partly inspired by Conrad’s legacy and the politics of literature in colonial Africa.
Location: University of Wisconsin
There are no upcoming events for University of Wisconsin.
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- A Tall History of Sugar
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- The Lunatic
- The Darkest Hearts
- eel on reef
- The Book of Harlan
- Accra Noir (Ghana)