Peter Kimani will discuss the “Heart of darkness” phenomenon associated with Africa, due in part to Joseph Conrad’s famous novel by the same title. He will also discuss the making of Dance of the Jakaranda, which was partly inspired by Conrad’s legacy and the politics of literature in colonial Africa.
Location: University of Wisconsin
There are no upcoming events for University of Wisconsin.
Featured: Black Interest
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- The Duppy
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- She’s Gone