Achy Obejas will appear as part of an Artsmith Artist Residency reading, with others TBA, at Darvill’s Bookstore.
Events Tag: Ruins
An Akashic Books powerhouse lineup: Robert Arellano (Havana Libre, Havana Lunar), Achy Obejas (Tower of the Antilles, Ruins, Havana Noir), and Nelson George (To Funk and Die in LA, The Lost Treasures of R&B, The Accidental Hunter, The Plot Against Hip-Hop) at Elliott Bay Book Company.
- Date: Jan 10, 2018, 7:00pm – 9:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Elliott Bay Book Company
- Map: 1521 Tenth Avenue, Seattle, Washington, United States
Robert Arellano in conversation with Achy Obejas about his new book Havana Libre.
- Date: Jan 11, 2018, 7:30pm – 9:30pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Powell's, Portland
- Map: 3723 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States
“Writing as Migration,” with May-lee Chai, Ploi Pirapokin, Nayomi Munaweera, and Achy Obejas, moderated by Nancy Au. Meaning thrives within the liminal linguistic space between words. For translators, this space is uniquely fraught. How do translators carry the scars of history, intersecting cultures and languages under their skin? What forms of resistance subsist and thrive […]
“We Wear The Mask: 15 True Stories of Passing in America,” featuring Achy Obejas, Sergio Troncoso, Brando Skyhorse, and Marc Fitten, moderated by Lisa Page. The panel will take place on the first floor in rooms 18 & 19 in the Tampa Convention Center.
Featured: Black Interest
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Mr. Loverman
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Black History Digit
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- The White House
- Becoming Abigail
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Getting It Right