“Love and Myth”: What drives the human impulse to create myths, and what can these stories tell us about the enduring power of love? Here, literary heavyweights Chigozie Obioma (An Orchestra of Minorities), Jaime Manrique (Like This Afternoon Forever), and Edwidge Danticat (Everything Inside) explore the mythology of love as it traverses borders and cultures. […]
Events Tag: Like This Afternoon Forever
There are no upcoming events for Like This Afternoon Forever.
Greenlight presents it’s 9th Annual Brooklyn Indie Party. A Brooklyn Book Festival Bookends event.
- Date: Sep 20, 2019, 7:30pm – 9:30pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Greenlight Bookstore
- Map: 686 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, New York, United States
Jaime Manrique presents Like This Afternoon Forever at the AJC Decatur Book Festival with novelist Thrity Umrigar.
- Date: Aug 31, 2019, 12:30pm – 1:15pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: AJC Decatur Book Festival
- Map: Marriott Conference Center C, Decatur, Georgia, United States
PRIDE IN VERSE: Spotlighting International LGBTQ Poets. LGBTQ+ poets Rigoberto González, Jaime Manrique (Like This Afternoon Forever), Raquel Salas Rivera, Brenda Shaughnessy, and Yanyi will have a candid conversation on queerness, acceptance, identity, and community. They will also read from their works. More details and ticketing information at the Center for Fiction website [here].
- Date: Jun 26, 2019, 7:00pm – 9:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Center for Fiction
- Map: 15 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn, New York, 11217, United States
Jaime Manrique presents Like This Afternoon Forever with Dr. Larry Mass at the Bureau of General Services—Queer Division.
- Date: Jun 13, 2019, 7:00pm – 9:00pm | Add to iCal »
- Venue: Bureau of General Services—Queer Division at The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center
- Map: 208 West 13th Street, Room 210, New York, New York, 10011, United States