Thomas Glave’s Among the Bloodpeople Lambda Literary Award Finalist!
Congratulations to Thomas Glave, whose Among the Bloodpeople: Politics and Flesh has been named a finalist for the 2014 Lambda Literary Award in LGBT Nonfiction!
Now in their 26th year, the Lambda Literary Awards, or “Lammys,” are given annually and celebrate achievement in LGBT writing in 24 categories.
Among the Bloodpeople has received enormous praise, including a starred review from Publishers Weekly, who called it:
“A profound compassion for racial and sexual minorities, the oppressed, and the colonized, informs [Glave’s] searing, beautifully evocative collection of essays . . . He captures the languor and seductiveness of Jamaica . . . A graceful and original stylist, Glave highlights the marginalized—calling on the descendants of people who toiled for the Empire as slaves and colonial subjects to never forget their past, and, in effect, to those who profit from that past to acknowledge their complicity. Ultimately, his work is critical, yet filled with generosity and compassion.”
The Lambda Literary Award winners will be announced on June 2, 2014.
Posted: Mar 6, 2014
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- Censorship Now!!
- We Owe You Nothing, Punk Planet: The Collected Interviews Expanded Edition
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Rock Star Digit
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- Sale Simon’s Cat Bundle
- Lessons in Taxidermy