The Fort Greene Park Summer Literary Festival is this Saturday (Free!)
The Fort Greene Park Summer Literary Festival is this Saturday, August 24th, at the Monument in Fort Greene Park @ 2pm!
Featuring Chris Adrian, Timothy Small, Jackson Taylor, Angel Nafis, and Laurie Cumbo as Master of Ceremonies.
*Rain venue is Queen of All Saints Church at 300 Vanderbilt Avenue, but the forecast calls for a postcard-perfect 79-degree Brooklyn afternoon!
The Fort Greene Park Summer Literary Festival is presented by NY Writers Coalition, Akashic Books, Greenlight Bookstore, and the Fort Greene Park Conservancy, with additional support from Brooklyn Public Library, Queen of All Saints Roman Catholic Church, and the Walt Whitman Project.
Sponsors include Amazon.com, Bay and Paul Foundations, City Council Member Letitia James, Kalliopeia Foundation, Meringoff Family Foundation, NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, Partnership for Parks, and Pinkerton Foundation. For more information visit the NY Writers Coalition’s website.
Posted: Aug 20, 2013
Category: News | Tags: Fort Greene Park Summer Literary Festival, Brooklyn Writers, The Writers Foundry, Chris Adrian, Timothy Small, Angel Nafis, Jackson Taylor, Laurie Cumbo, New York Writers Coalition
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- The Worst Breakfast
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Hunters in High Heels
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- The Jesus Lizard Book
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Sale Simon’s Cat Bundle