I woke up feeling cold this morning and the clouds were fighting their way in between the bedroom blinds that were left open in the middle of the night. I found my body naked and bent and I thought about Nicole duFresne and her star quality blonde hair and blue eyes and perfect teeth and I wondered how her hair and face and body fell onto the concrete ground on Rivington Street after she was shot in the chest by that nineteen-year-old boy . . .
Tag: You Must Really Want It
Featured: Black Interest
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Mr. Loverman
- Home: Social Essays
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Black Lotus
- Not for Everyday Use
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Accidental Hunter
- Black Marks
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature