There had, at one time before Katrina, been a park, perhaps beneath his feet, right where a surveyor had discovered the young woman’s body. Ike couldn’t tell anymore. There was just this no-man’s-land of tall weeds between the levee and the Brad Pitt houses, their solar panels absorbing the mid-morning sun . . .
Tag: What It Takes to Live
Featured: Black Interest
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- The Family Mansion
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- The Roving Tree