There had, at one time before Katrina, been a park, perhaps beneath his feet, right where a surveyor had discovered the young woman’s body. Ike couldn’t tell anymore. There was just this no-man’s-land of tall weeds between the levee and the Brad Pitt houses, their solar panels absorbing the mid-morning sun . . .
Tag: What It Takes to Live
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- Copycat: LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PREORDER
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- We Owe You Nothing, Punk Planet: The Collected Interviews Expanded Edition
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- The Immune System
- I Love You Too
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene