Gus sipped lemongrass tea from a foam cup. It was still dark. His secondhand truck idled outside the market as four men clambered into its tray. This was where he picked up workers for the day—mostly men who came to the island at night in quiet boats. The men clutched grease-stained paper bags and chattered loudly between bites of johnnycakes and various patties. Four men got into the truck’s tray. Gus was expecting five . . .
Tag: Virgin Islands
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Sale Simon’s Cat Bundle
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- From a Basement in Seattle
- We Owe You Nothing, Punk Planet: The Collected Interviews Expanded Edition
- No One Told Me Not to Do This
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- Demons in the Spring
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Go Fish