Gus sipped lemongrass tea from a foam cup. It was still dark. His secondhand truck idled outside the market as four men clambered into its tray. This was where he picked up workers for the day—mostly men who came to the island at night in quiet boats. The men clutched grease-stained paper bags and chattered loudly between bites of johnnycakes and various patties. Four men got into the truck’s tray. Gus was expecting five . . .
I been told their words will steal my heart . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Censorship Now!!
- I Love You Too
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- Paradoxia: A Predator’s Diary
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Failure
- Drawing Autism
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Sale Drug Chronicles (Complete Set)
- Of Mule and Man
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE