The riffraff of Tompkins Square wear wool jackets in the humid night, perhaps in defiance of the elements. The squirrels aren’t panhandling as usual. They’re preoccupied with something in the weeds behind a bench, what looks to your eye like a mangled piece of bread or a crumpled paper bag. A closer look reveals a human hand . . .
Tag: Tompkins Square Park
Featured: Black Interest
- The White House
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- eel on reef
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Dog War
- The Book of Harlan
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Tales of the Out & the Gone