We used to sit in my friend Stevie’s tree house and huff nitrous oxide out of a gas cracker we had stolen from Crate & Barrel at the mall. Stevie’s older brother bought the cartridges for us at the local head shop. They were silver and shaped like bullets. They looked the same as the CO2 cartridges we used to operate Stevie’s BB gun, which we also kept in the tree house. The tree house was where we kept everything we held dear that summer . . .
Tag: Timmy Reed
There was a murdered corpse found across the street from us, on the top floor of the vacant house at the end of the block, across the alley from the KFC. The house is no longer vacant. It has been renovated and new tenants have moved into the apartment where the body was found. There are only a couple of vacant houses left in the row now, and all of the units on our side of the street are full; I see the windows lit up like eyes in the masonry on my way home at night. The neighborhood is changing . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola
- Rock Star Digit
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Jerusalem Calling
- Please Take Me Off the Guest List
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- The Jesus Lizard Book
- No One Told Me Not to Do This
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- Go de Rass to Sleep
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion