Progress. Ronald laughed ruefully at the concept. Sure, yeah, that’s what he was looking at. Or a physical manifestation of it anyway . . .
On the platform between the subway tracks, a young woman was playing the violin. A few dollar bills and coins were scattered over the inside of her case. She played semiclassical versions of pop tunes that Maria couldn’t quite recognize. The music was nice, and the young woman had a sweet, pleasant face, but as soon as she got onto the crowded subway car Maria knew that she had made a mistake. It was a simple procedure, they had said, but not that simple . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes
- Sale Drug Chronicles (Complete Set)
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Censorship Now!!
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- Sale Simon’s Cat Bundle
- Hunters in High Heels
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water
- Hairstyles of the Damned