To celebrate the release of St. Louis Noir, the latest from Akashic’s Noir Series, we’re pleased to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the collection with editor Scott Phillips’s introduction, “High and Low Collide.”
Tag: St. Louis
Join us for the launches of our new Noir Series books in St. Louis, MO, and Oxford, MS!
The nurse pulled onto the outer road parallel to the interstate. The blue friendliness of the St. Luke’s sign radiated faintly in the dawn light as he accelerated before the red admonition of the emergency sign took over his view. He clicked off the malfunctioning turn signal. The morning traffic was light, almost nonexistent. He waited until he had reached forty-five miles an hour to remove his skull-and-bones do-rag, the first phase of his elaborate post-work ritual . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Darkest Hearts
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The Game Don’t Change
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Nairobi Noir (Kenya)
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children