To celebrate the release of St. Louis Noir, the latest from Akashic’s Noir Series, we’re pleased to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the collection with editor Scott Phillips’s introduction, “High and Low Collide.”
Tag: St. Louis
Join us for the launches of our new Noir Series books in St. Louis, MO, and Oxford, MS!
The nurse pulled onto the outer road parallel to the interstate. The blue friendliness of the St. Luke’s sign radiated faintly in the dawn light as he accelerated before the red admonition of the emergency sign took over his view. He clicked off the malfunctioning turn signal. The morning traffic was light, almost nonexistent. He waited until he had reached forty-five miles an hour to remove his skull-and-bones do-rag, the first phase of his elaborate post-work ritual . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
- Hard Art, DC 1979
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- The Jesus Lizard Book
- What Is Punk?
- Jerusalem Calling
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- Lessons in Taxidermy