To celebrate the release of Unmentionables by Laurie Loewenstein, we’ve invited organizations to share with us some history related to aspects incorporated in the novel. Today, Laurie talks about her decision to sent her protagonist to volunteer in France with the fictional Fielding College Relief Unit during the Great War. The Fielding College Relief Unit is based on the Smith College Relief Unit, founded in 1917 by Smith College alumna Harriet Boyd Hawes; archivists at Smith College have graciously allowed us to share a photo of and some information about the relief unit.
Tag: Smith College Relief Unit
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Seriously, You Have to Eat
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen (SIGNED COPY)
- Please Take Me Off the Guest List
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- Of Mule and Man
- Artificial Light
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Sale Drug Chronicles (Complete Set)
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- Hunters in High Heels
- South of the Pumphouse