Brother Tomás watched the red tail hawk slowly circle overhead. . .
Tag: short story
Adela sits at her desk in the Kingston parliament building, which looks like a Moorish palace. . .
I held a glass of champagne in my hand and stood alone under the dark night sky. . .
The cool water of the lake bit into her as she reached for the canoe, hands slipping against the polished surface, tired legs kicking slowly at the darkness . . .
It used to be so. Playing dead to catch Corbeau alive. Every day started with the Our Father.
“I’m sorry.” It was a simple statement, filled with honesty and sadness, but truth was evident in the man’s voice . . .
Tina knew she shouldn’t have gone to that party with Robert . . .
I gave you my own name, and we shared it for fourteen days . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Game World
- Caught Up
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- John Crow’s Devil