She should have known something was wrong when the beach resembled a desert . . .
Tag: short story
Just as Steadroy finish mek up he bed under de Big Head, smadee call he name . . .
Brother Tomás watched the red tail hawk slowly circle overhead. . .
Adela sits at her desk in the Kingston parliament building, which looks like a Moorish palace. . .
I held a glass of champagne in my hand and stood alone under the dark night sky. . .
The cool water of the lake bit into her as she reached for the canoe, hands slipping against the polished surface, tired legs kicking slowly at the darkness . . .
It used to be so. Playing dead to catch Corbeau alive. Every day started with the Our Father.
“I’m sorry.” It was a simple statement, filled with honesty and sadness, but truth was evident in the man’s voice . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- John Crow’s Devil
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Gathering of Waters
- May Digit
- The Warmest December
- The Accidental Hunter