Just as Steadroy finish mek up he bed under de Big Head, smadee call he name . . .
Tag: short story
Brother Tomás watched the red tail hawk slowly circle overhead. . .
Adela sits at her desk in the Kingston parliament building, which looks like a Moorish palace. . .
I held a glass of champagne in my hand and stood alone under the dark night sky. . .
The cool water of the lake bit into her as she reached for the canoe, hands slipping against the polished surface, tired legs kicking slowly at the darkness . . .
It used to be so. Playing dead to catch Corbeau alive. Every day started with the Our Father.
“I’m sorry.” It was a simple statement, filled with honesty and sadness, but truth was evident in the man’s voice . . .
Tina knew she shouldn’t have gone to that party with Robert . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- John Crow’s Devil
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- The Duppy
- Getting It Right
- To Funk and Die in LA
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn