Kwapo can’t remember the words to the song, but it doesn’t matter. These days the show is strictly burlesque . . .
Tag: short story
She should have known something was wrong when the beach resembled a desert . . .
Just as Steadroy finish mek up he bed under de Big Head, smadee call he name . . .
Brother Tomás watched the red tail hawk slowly circle overhead. . .
Adela sits at her desk in the Kingston parliament building, which looks like a Moorish palace. . .
I held a glass of champagne in my hand and stood alone under the dark night sky. . .
The cool water of the lake bit into her as she reached for the canoe, hands slipping against the polished surface, tired legs kicking slowly at the darkness . . .
It used to be so. Playing dead to catch Corbeau alive. Every day started with the Our Father.
Featured: Black Interest
- Gathering of Waters
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Lost Canyon
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Black Music
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- To Funk and Die in LA