It was Mama who bought Lal his first mask. That was more than twenty Carnivals ago and now he had developed a great fondness for wearing them.
Tag: shape shifter
It was the start of the rainy season. Dark clouds billowed over the setting sun, leaving the air ripe with a feeling of dread.
Is years I waiting for God to smile on me. And is years the devil pissing on me. Sometimes I think I is the orphan child of the both a them.
Featured: Black Interest
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Black Lotus 2: The Vow
- Dog War
- She’s Gone
- Anna In-Between
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- My Dog Romeo
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans