To celebrate the release of New-Generation African Poets (Tatu), a new limited-edition chapbook box set, we’re pleased to feature the introduction from editors Kwame Dawes and Chris Abani.
Join Kaylie Jones and Matthew McGevna for the launch of their new books @ BookCourt on Mon., 6/15!
I didn’t notice I had nodded out on the train and had missed my stop until the conductor clamped down on my bony shoulders in Wellington, saying, “Come on, honey . . .”
We’re in the elevator and Jancy is climbing up the metal wall, using my knee as a stepladder. “Look Mom, I’m rappelling,” she says, bouncing up and down on my thigh.
I want to yell at her but I need her like this . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- No One Told Me Not to Do This
- Letters to Kurt
- Hard Art, DC 1979
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats
- It’s Just a Plant
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- Go de Rass to Sleep