There was a young couple eating on the floor of a dead shipmaster. . .
Dorothy stumbled blindly into the lesbian bar as the last few off-season tourists perambulated the crooked streets, the evening sky a dull antimony pink behind the smoke-blackened canyon of the Cowgate, her hands wet and the bloody knife still in her handbag . . .
Even though it was June, the entire island was still engulfed in a soft gray mist like a widow’s mane, and I felt it caress my face with curiously skeletal fingers as I stepped gingerly down the shaky gangway they provided for foot pedestrians . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Game World
- To Funk and Die in LA
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Mr. Loverman
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business