There was a young couple eating on the floor of a dead shipmaster. . .
Dorothy stumbled blindly into the lesbian bar as the last few off-season tourists perambulated the crooked streets, the evening sky a dull antimony pink behind the smoke-blackened canyon of the Cowgate, her hands wet and the bloody knife still in her handbag . . .
Even though it was June, the entire island was still engulfed in a soft gray mist like a widow’s mane, and I felt it caress my face with curiously skeletal fingers as I stepped gingerly down the shaky gangway they provided for foot pedestrians . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Not for Everyday Use
- The Gospel According to Cane
- John Crow’s Devil
- May Digit
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)