There was a young couple eating on the floor of a dead shipmaster. . .
Dorothy stumbled blindly into the lesbian bar as the last few off-season tourists perambulated the crooked streets, the evening sky a dull antimony pink behind the smoke-blackened canyon of the Cowgate, her hands wet and the bloody knife still in her handbag . . .
Even though it was June, the entire island was still engulfed in a soft gray mist like a widow’s mane, and I felt it caress my face with curiously skeletal fingers as I stepped gingerly down the shaky gangway they provided for foot pedestrians . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Becoming Abigail
- Black Lotus
- I Love You Too
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Song for Night
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set