There was a young couple eating on the floor of a dead shipmaster. . .
Dorothy stumbled blindly into the lesbian bar as the last few off-season tourists perambulated the crooked streets, the evening sky a dull antimony pink behind the smoke-blackened canyon of the Cowgate, her hands wet and the bloody knife still in her handbag . . .
Even though it was June, the entire island was still engulfed in a soft gray mist like a widow’s mane, and I felt it caress my face with curiously skeletal fingers as I stepped gingerly down the shaky gangway they provided for foot pedestrians . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Game Don’t Change
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Gomer’s Song
- Party: A Mystery
- All or Nothing
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America