Marco was always pretty smart for a drummer. He knew the record shop wouldn’t be open at three a.m., so he headed straight for the back door . . .
Tag: Santa Monica
He spotted the guy with the poodle a block and a half away, as he did every morning . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Prospero’s Daughter
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Lost Canyon
- Black Orchid Blues
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn