We’re thrilled for author Kaylie Jones! Click to read the full review.
We’re thrilled for editor Joe Meno! Click to read the full review.
We’re thrilled for author Nina Revoyr! Click to read the full review.
To celebrate the release of Suitcase City, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Sterling Watson reflecting on how people have received his latest novel.
We’re thrilled for author Sterling Watson! Click to read the full review.
On the heels of a series of rave reviews for his new book, Akashic author Marlon James has received a wonderful feature in the New York Times, as well as an interview in the Wall Street Journal! James’s debut novel, John Crow’s Devil, was published by Akashic in 2005 and was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize.
Prison Noir — the latest release in Akashic’s Noir Series, edited by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates — was reviewed by Marilyn Stasio for her New York Times Sunday Book Review Crime column!
Akashic author Marlon James’s new book, A Brief History of Seven Killings, earned a rave review in the New York Times! James’s debut novel, John Crow’s Devil, was published by Akashic in 2005 and was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize.
Featured: Black Interest
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- May Digit
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Saba)
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha