She loved the sound of her high heels on the pavement. A casual unhurried I’m in control sound. She knew the higher the heels, the more elegant her walk . . .
The sun crept over the horizon as Danny Noonan continued to have sex with Tammy Hayes. His heart beat faster with each thrust . . .
A liquid light cleanses the air, splashes mirrors across the passing car windows. Here she comes, obesity incarnate, à la Samantha, trudging along oblivious to the sun puddles on the sidewalk . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- She’s Gone
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- God Carlos
- The Duppy
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery