Right when I thought things were getting better, the stranger showed up . . .
“Baby, don’t go,” he says as she gets out of the bed—that same bed they’ve shared a dozen times or more. She slips on the tight mauve dress and slides her feet into her leather pumps. He’s pleading with her not to go, not to leave him here. But she doesn’t listen . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- A River Called Time
- Mr. Loverman
- eel on reef
- Trinidad Noir
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Saba)
- Haiti Noir
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean