Right when I thought things were getting better, the stranger showed up . . .
“Baby, don’t go,” he says as she gets out of the bed—that same bed they’ve shared a dozen times or more. She slips on the tight mauve dress and slides her feet into her leather pumps. He’s pleading with her not to go, not to leave him here. But she doesn’t listen . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- eel on reef
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- A Simple Distance
- The Roving Tree