Get 50% off WHAT IS PUNK? — and all other titles! — through 11:59pm Sunday, 1/3/2016, using code HOLIDAY15 at checkout!
To celebrate the release ofCensorship Now!!, an uproarious new essay collection from cult music hero Ian F. Svenonius, we’re pleased to feature an excerpt from the book on how yuppies and NPR gentrified punk music.
To celebrate the release of The Lost Treasures of R&B — the latest in Nelson George’s acclaimed D Hunter mystery series — we’re pleased to bring you a spotlight on AFROPUNK, a cultural movement celebrating alternative black culture.
Check out Dance of Days to learn more about DC’s revolutionary music scene.
The November 10, 2013 issue of the New York Times features five Akashic authors: Lucian Perkins, Bernice L. McFadden, Edwidge Danticat, Colin Channer, and Elizabeth Nunez!
Jayme McLellan reflects on her personal experience with punk & the Hard Art, DC 1979 project.
Alec MacKaye discusses his experience at the DC launch event for Hard Art, DC 1979.
Lucian Perkins, Pulitzer Prize–winning photographer, talks about his experience at the Washington, DC launch event for his latest collection, Hard Art, DC 1979.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola
- Demons in the Spring
- Copycat: LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PREORDER
- Sale Simon’s Cat Bundle
- The Failure
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Seriously, Just Go to Sleep