The light dripping out of the few remaining lit windows coagulated in the humidity. From the playground, Rachael watched as the houses went dark. The small bag at her feet didn’t move at all and shadows turned to wax against everything they touched. Unlit porches and the bricks buckled in the sidewalks like crowded teeth and the weatherworn all shined with night . . .
Tag: Oregon Hill
Featured: Black Interest
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- A Simple Distance
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Gomer’s Song
- Lost Canyon
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature