The kids and I dash across town to library story time . . .
He looks at me with woebegone betrayal in his large baby eyes. My tyrannical one-year-old son is teething, recovering from roseola. How could you leave me? say his eyes so expressively. His tiny hands reach out, appealing to me: Pick me up now! . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Anna In-Between