I feel myself drift away. My body is no longer mine, and the words coming out of my mouth sound foreign and out of character. The car starts to pick up, and my friend’s laugh sounds as though it is light-years away, even though she is so close her hand is on top of mine . . .
Tag: One time this was fun
Featured: Black Interest
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Loving Donovan
- Anna In-Between
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Gomer’s Song
- Mr. Loverman
- eel on reef