To celebrate the release ofCensorship Now!!, an uproarious new essay collection from cult music hero Ian F. Svenonius, we’re pleased to feature an excerpt from the book on how yuppies and NPR gentrified punk music.
Did you catch Akashic publisher Johnny Temple and Akashic authors Albert “Prodigy” Johnson and K’wan on NPR’s Weekend Edition? Click to learn all about how Infamous Books is reverse gentrifying literature.
Pills and Starships author Lydia Millet talked with NPR’s Scott Simon on Saturday to discuss her new book. Click for more!
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic publicist Kate Bogden and editorial assistant Susannah Lawrence.
Featured: Black Interest
- Home: Social Essays
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- The Gospel According to Cane
- God Carlos
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- The Book of Harlan
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- eel on reef
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Plot Against Hip Hop