My second child, my son, was born in 2007. My wife and his older sister and I welcomed him home with all the excitement and joy you can imagine, but his arrival was accompanied by something else. Something dark. And brown . . .
The baby is beautiful, but then isn’t every baby?
But it’s not really beautiful. Its face is red, and its head is oversized, swollen, and dripping with newborn hair and blood . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- The Book of Harlan
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Black Orchid Blues
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes