One morning, a woman gave birth to a monster. The monster had red skin and howled all day and all night. The woman sobbed when she held the monster….
My second child, my son, was born in 2007. My wife and his older sister and I welcomed him home with all the excitement and joy you can imagine, but his arrival was accompanied by something else. Something dark. And brown . . .
The baby is beautiful, but then isn’t every baby?
But it’s not really beautiful. Its face is red, and its head is oversized, swollen, and dripping with newborn hair and blood . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Black Marks
- Gathering of Waters
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Loving Donovan
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- The Accidental Hunter
- Song for Night
- The Duppy
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Black Music