Melvin Van Peebles was recently featured in the New York Times. His artwork is being displayed at an exhibition at the Strivers Gardens Gallery in New York through November 7th, 2013.
Tag: New York Times
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic publicist Kate Bogden and editorial assistant Susannah Lawrence.
Allison Glock reviews Jess Walter in the New York Times Book Review…
Featured: Black Interest
- All or Nothing
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Home: Social Essays
- The White House
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)