The November 10, 2013 issue of the New York Times features five Akashic authors: Lucian Perkins, Bernice L. McFadden, Edwidge Danticat, Colin Channer, and Elizabeth Nunez!
Tag: New York Times
Melvin Van Peebles was recently featured in the New York Times. His artwork is being displayed at an exhibition at the Strivers Gardens Gallery in New York through November 7th, 2013.
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic publicist Kate Bogden and editorial assistant Susannah Lawrence.
Allison Glock reviews Jess Walter in the New York Times Book Review…
Featured: Black Interest
- Lost Canyon
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Black History Digit
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Trinidad Noir
- Black Orchid Blues