Brigid Quinlan clutched the corduroy sleeve of Russell Townsend’s blazer and sneered at the herd of journalists being restrained by two burly policemen. She smiled smugly as she and Townsend breezed past them. “Fuck you all,” she whispered under her breath . . .
Tag: New York City
I had talked myself into a luxurious three-bedroom apartment in a classic Tudor building in Jersey City. It was 1969. Back then, a suit and a little grooming would suffice if accompanied by a few months’ rent . . .
Robbing the liquor store went well. Took less than a minute. Alex didn’t even need to shoot his gun at all . . .
On a humid mid-July Thursday evening, a young woman in a cream-colored Macy’s pantsuit went into the small bodega on Nostrand and Lexington Avenue (by the twenty-four-hour Laundromat) and walked to the back refrigerator . . .
Join Shannon Holmes as he launches his new novel Caught Up — the latest release from Akashic’s Infamous Books imprint — at the Harlem Book Fair on 7/18!
Kelleher ran towards Nathan’s, Coney Island’s legendary wiener wonderland. The Ukrainian’s final fetid breath was still stinging his nostrils . . .
Learn more about CLMP, cosponsors of The Literary Mews: Discussing Diaspora.
“I busted whores here years ago. Now? Minnie Mouse . . .”
You might be interested in:
- The Swing Voter of Staten Island
- Brooklyn Noir 2: The Classics
- South by South Bronx
- The Sacrificial Circumcision of the Bronx
- Hell’s Kitchen
- The Nervous System
- Manhattan Loverboy
- Heart of the Old Country
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- The Dewey Decimal System
- Love Maps
- Brooklyn Noir
- Staten Island Noir
- Brooklyn Noir 3: Nothing but the Truth
- The Schrödinger Girl
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Manhattan Noir
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Will Work for Drugs
- Black Orchid Blues
- East Village Tetralogy
- The Perfume Burned His Eyes
- The Fuck-Up
- Wall Street Noir
- The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory
- Suicide Casanova
- The Immune System
- Boy Genius
- Manhattan Noir 2: The Classics
- Queens Noir
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- A Mind of Winter
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Once There Was a Village
- Bronx Noir