Brigid Quinlan clutched the corduroy sleeve of Russell Townsend’s blazer and sneered at the herd of journalists being restrained by two burly policemen. She smiled smugly as she and Townsend breezed past them. “Fuck you all,” she whispered under her breath . . .
Tag: New York City
I had talked myself into a luxurious three-bedroom apartment in a classic Tudor building in Jersey City. It was 1969. Back then, a suit and a little grooming would suffice if accompanied by a few months’ rent . . .
Robbing the liquor store went well. Took less than a minute. Alex didn’t even need to shoot his gun at all . . .
On a humid mid-July Thursday evening, a young woman in a cream-colored Macy’s pantsuit went into the small bodega on Nostrand and Lexington Avenue (by the twenty-four-hour Laundromat) and walked to the back refrigerator . . .
Join Shannon Holmes as he launches his new novel Caught Up — the latest release from Akashic’s Infamous Books imprint — at the Harlem Book Fair on 7/18!
Kelleher ran towards Nathan’s, Coney Island’s legendary wiener wonderland. The Ukrainian’s final fetid breath was still stinging his nostrils . . .
Learn more about CLMP, cosponsors of The Literary Mews: Discussing Diaspora.
“I busted whores here years ago. Now? Minnie Mouse . . .”
You might be interested in:
- Bronx Noir
- The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory
- Wall Street Noir
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Manhattan Noir
- Manhattan Noir 2: The Classics
- A Mind of Winter
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Heart of the Old Country
- Manhattan Loverboy
- Black Orchid Blues
- Queens Noir
- The Perfume Burned His Eyes
- South by South Bronx
- Hell’s Kitchen
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Suicide Casanova
- Brooklyn Noir
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Staten Island Noir
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Dewey Decimal System
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Brooklyn Noir 2: The Classics
- Will Work for Drugs
- Once There Was a Village
- East Village Tetralogy
- The Immune System
- The Nervous System
- Boy Genius
- The Schrödinger Girl
- Brooklyn Noir 3: Nothing but the Truth
- The Fuck-Up
- Love Maps