Brigid Quinlan clutched the corduroy sleeve of Russell Townsend’s blazer and sneered at the herd of journalists being restrained by two burly policemen. She smiled smugly as she and Townsend breezed past them. “Fuck you all,” she whispered under her breath . . .
Tag: New York City
I had talked myself into a luxurious three-bedroom apartment in a classic Tudor building in Jersey City. It was 1969. Back then, a suit and a little grooming would suffice if accompanied by a few months’ rent . . .
Robbing the liquor store went well. Took less than a minute. Alex didn’t even need to shoot his gun at all . . .
On a humid mid-July Thursday evening, a young woman in a cream-colored Macy’s pantsuit went into the small bodega on Nostrand and Lexington Avenue (by the twenty-four-hour Laundromat) and walked to the back refrigerator . . .
Join Shannon Holmes as he launches his new novel Caught Up — the latest release from Akashic’s Infamous Books imprint — at the Harlem Book Fair on 7/18!
Kelleher ran towards Nathan’s, Coney Island’s legendary wiener wonderland. The Ukrainian’s final fetid breath was still stinging his nostrils . . .
Learn more about CLMP, cosponsors of The Literary Mews: Discussing Diaspora.
“I busted whores here years ago. Now? Minnie Mouse . . .”
You might be interested in:
- Manhattan Noir 2: The Classics
- Wall Street Noir
- Suicide Casanova
- Hell’s Kitchen
- The Darkest Hearts
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- The Perfume Burned His Eyes
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Nervous System
- The Schrödinger Girl
- Will Work for Drugs
- Love Maps
- A Million Aunties
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Brooklyn Noir
- Queens Noir
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Boy Genius
- The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory
- Black Orchid Blues
- Once There Was a Village
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Bronx Noir
- The Dewey Decimal System
- The Fuck-Up
- South by South Bronx
- Manhattan Loverboy
- Brooklyn Noir 3: Nothing but the Truth
- Brooklyn Noir 2: The Classics
- Heart of the Old Country
- A Mind of Winter
- East Village Tetralogy
- The Five Books of (Robert) Moses
- Manhattan Noir
- The Immune System
- Staten Island Noir