Brigid Quinlan clutched the corduroy sleeve of Russell Townsend’s blazer and sneered at the herd of journalists being restrained by two burly policemen. She smiled smugly as she and Townsend breezed past them. “Fuck you all,” she whispered under her breath . . .
Tag: New York City
I had talked myself into a luxurious three-bedroom apartment in a classic Tudor building in Jersey City. It was 1969. Back then, a suit and a little grooming would suffice if accompanied by a few months’ rent . . .
Robbing the liquor store went well. Took less than a minute. Alex didn’t even need to shoot his gun at all . . .
On a humid mid-July Thursday evening, a young woman in a cream-colored Macy’s pantsuit went into the small bodega on Nostrand and Lexington Avenue (by the twenty-four-hour Laundromat) and walked to the back refrigerator . . .
Join Shannon Holmes as he launches his new novel Caught Up — the latest release from Akashic’s Infamous Books imprint — at the Harlem Book Fair on 7/18!
Kelleher ran towards Nathan’s, Coney Island’s legendary wiener wonderland. The Ukrainian’s final fetid breath was still stinging his nostrils . . .
Learn more about CLMP, cosponsors of The Literary Mews: Discussing Diaspora.
“I busted whores here years ago. Now? Minnie Mouse . . .”
You might be interested in:
- Wall Street Noir
- A Mind of Winter
- Suicide Casanova
- Will Work for Drugs
- The Schrödinger Girl
- The Immune System
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Hell’s Kitchen
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Manhattan Loverboy
- Staten Island Noir
- Manhattan Noir 2: The Classics
- Brooklyn Noir 3: Nothing but the Truth
- Brooklyn Noir 2: The Classics
- Black Orchid Blues
- Love Maps
- South by South Bronx
- Bronx Noir
- The Fuck-Up
- Boy Genius
- The Nervous System
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Heart of the Old Country
- The Dewey Decimal System
- Queens Noir
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Manhattan Noir
- East Village Tetralogy
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Brooklyn Noir
- The Perfume Burned His Eyes
- Once There Was a Village
- The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory