A riderless horse clopping with hungry purpose down the block was not such a rare sight on that part of the West Side then. . .
Tag: New York City
Wearing a blue TSA uniform, a LaGuardia Airport security badge and large wraparound dark glasses, Jay drove to the south runway, where Morrison and his pilot were preparing for a pre-dawn flight . . .
Find out if Unsportsmanlike Conduct author Jessica Luther is coming to a city near you.
New York was scruffier then; everywhere you saw signs of its humbling in its bald park lawns and strobe-popping Broadway head shops . . .
Progress. Ronald laughed ruefully at the concept. Sure, yeah, that’s what he was looking at. Or a physical manifestation of it anyway . . .
NYC! Join us Wed., 7/20 @ 7 PM to celebrate the release of Fair Play: How LGBT Athletes Are Claiming Their Rightful Place in Sports by Cyd Zeigler.
Big Lew’s ample hips flopped over the sides of the wooden chair. The lunch crowd hadn’t yet begun to stream in . . .
Bogo got the call from Sammy. It sounded all wrong. “Bogo, the bastard brought a crew to the exchange. They damn near killed us, but don’t worry, we still got the goods . . .”
You might be interested in:
- The Immune System
- Once There Was a Village
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Dewey Decimal System
- The Sacrificial Circumcision of the Bronx
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- East Village Tetralogy
- Boy Genius
- The Swing Voter of Staten Island
- Bronx Noir
- Wall Street Noir
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Black Orchid Blues
- Love Maps
- Brooklyn Noir
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Staten Island Noir
- Suicide Casanova
- Queens Noir
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- South by South Bronx
- A Mind of Winter
- The Nervous System
- Manhattan Noir 2: The Classics
- Brooklyn Noir 3: Nothing but the Truth
- The Perfume Burned His Eyes
- Will Work for Drugs
- The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory
- Brooklyn Noir 2: The Classics
- Heart of the Old Country
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Manhattan Noir
- Hell’s Kitchen
- Manhattan Loverboy
- The Fuck-Up