To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
We arrived around three a.m. and banged on the door, which swung open. The tiny white apartment was filled with pasty-faced, sweating people, hopping and hollering to a harrowing type of Dutch hardcore techno that thumped angrily through the speakers . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Gathering of Waters
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Party: A Mystery
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Black Sheep Digit
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Lost Canyon
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature