To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
We arrived around three a.m. and banged on the door, which swung open. The tiny white apartment was filled with pasty-faced, sweating people, hopping and hollering to a harrowing type of Dutch hardcore techno that thumped angrily through the speakers . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Accidental Hunter
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- A Simple Distance
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)