I could hear the music clearly from Legends Corner. Even the laughter of a few thousand drunken tourists was audible . . .
To celebrate the release of Prison Noir — the latest release in Akashic’s Noir Series and edited by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates — we’re very pleased to bring you a guest post by William Scott Lyon, who facilitates a creative writing workshop on death row in Nashville, Tennessee.
Featured: Black Interest
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Anna In-Between
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Even in Paradise
- Lost Canyon
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean