I could hear the music clearly from Legends Corner. Even the laughter of a few thousand drunken tourists was audible . . .
To celebrate the release of Prison Noir — the latest release in Akashic’s Noir Series and edited by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates — we’re very pleased to bring you a guest post by William Scott Lyon, who facilitates a creative writing workshop on death row in Nashville, Tennessee.
Featured: Black Interest
- A Simple Distance
- Black History Digit
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- The Game Don’t Change
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- The Angels’ Share
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The Necessary Hunger
- Mr. Loverman
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature