I could hear the music clearly from Legends Corner. Even the laughter of a few thousand drunken tourists was audible . . .
To celebrate the release of Prison Noir — the latest release in Akashic’s Noir Series and edited by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates — we’re very pleased to bring you a guest post by William Scott Lyon, who facilitates a creative writing workshop on death row in Nashville, Tennessee.
Featured: Black Interest
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- They Better Call Me Sugar: My Journey from the Hood to the Hardwood
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Praise Song for the Butterflies (SIGNED!)
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- The Game Don’t Change
- All or Nothing
- Prospero’s Daughter