The sparrow literally dropped through the flue into Helen’s cold fire place at just barely daylight. At first, she thought she imagined it.
I ran into Linda, unexpectedly, the other day at Publix. She used to be pretty, but in her late forties, she’s all bloat, veneers, and Oxy eyes . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Black Lotus 2: The Vow
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Around Harvard Square
- Home: Social Essays
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Gomer’s Song