Melanie and Matt drove past their potential client’s house, a white stucco tear-down on a lesser street in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the country.
The sparrow literally dropped through the flue into Helen’s cold fire place at just barely daylight. At first, she thought she imagined it.
I ran into Linda, unexpectedly, the other day at Publix. She used to be pretty, but in her late forties, she’s all bloat, veneers, and Oxy eyes . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Prayer for the Living
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- I Love You Too
- She’s Gone
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Praise Song for the Butterflies (SIGNED!)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life