The road to Vegas is its usual Friday afternoon parking lot. We are meeting friends and plan to do mushrooms—as in those kind of mushrooms. It’ll be my first time. . . .
A typical Thursday. A typical night.
Jerry stretched his feet under the dining table, yawning. His eleventh grade math homework seemed to glare at him from the fluorescent white of the overhead light. They were covering probability in class, something Jerry knew plenty about.
There was a thump above him.
Typical Thursday night . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Prospero’s Daughter
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Around Harvard Square
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- The Warmest December
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The Gospel According to Cane
- The Book of Harlan
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- To Funk and Die in LA