Kelleher piloted the small motorboat out of Mullaghmore’s famous stone harbor to establish an alibi. McMahon and McGirl, the IRA men, sat stiffly in the back . . .
To celebrate the release of Little Beasts — the latest from our Kaylie Jones Books imprint — we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Matthew McGevna on how a real-life crime inspired his debut novel.
Megan—she was a stunner, the first woman I ever asked out on a date after my painful history of being the awkward nerd in high school.
I gave her my time and friendship. I even let her cry on my shoulder when she had no one else to turn to. She didn’t know I was in the next room listening to her talk to a girlfriend over the phone . . .
The cop’s fingers were as thick as the sausages he stabbed with the fork and stuffed in his mouth. Probably as greasy, too, Tual thought as he drank coffee in a booth. He watched the cop sitting at the counter . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- It’s Just a Plant
- The Immune System
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- Letters to Kurt
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush