Joe hesitated, then strode into the darkness of the bar. In the seconds it took for his eyes to adjust he could tell he would have the place virtually to himself for a while.
Tag: Mondays Are Murder
“Vultures.” On the roof again today.
Me and my best friend hung out every night on the streets, smoking cigarettes and talking to older boys in cars.
“Mr. Funderburke, I think my cousin is trying to kill me.”
Kakadu. That vast floodplain, a wilderness as green as the eye can see, in Australia’s Northern Territory. That’s where I’d brought her to die.
No matter how many times you’ve done it, it’s never easy.
Matt sneezed all over the pig fetus and then wiped his nose with his glove covered with formaldehyde and who knows what viruses.
Vespers—a chronological designation unfamiliar to a Methodist town like Pacific Grove.
Featured: Black Interest
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Party: A Mystery
- Black Lotus
- The Angels’ Share
- Mr. Loverman
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Gathering of Waters
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America