Four Akashic titles have been selected for a Kindle Monthly Deal! Each kindle edition eBook is only $2.99 on Amazon for the entire month of November.
In Lucinda Weatherby’s powerful memoir, Five Hours: How My Son’s Brief Life Changed Everything, the tragic loss of her son inspired Weatherby to build upon her experience and become a grief counselor. We asked her to tell us a little more about how she came to make this courageous decision.
Looking for a little adventure? Travel around the US with Starve the Vulture author Jason Carney as he tours the country’s slam poetry circuit! This week, the residents of Dayton, Ohio, give Jason a warm welcome.
To celebrate the release of Starve the Vulture — the latest release in Akashic’s Kaylie Jones Books imprint — we’re pleased to bring you a spotlight on author Jason Carney’s Young DFW Writers program written by Laura Roach.
To celebrate the release of Starve the Vulture — the latest release in Akashic’s Kaylie Jones Books imprint — J. Michael Lennon spoke with Jason Carney about his inspirations, writing a memoir, and the differences between poetry and prose.
Starve the Vulture author Jason Carney recently talked to the Huffington Post about his new memoir, redemption, and breaking free from an abusive cycle. Click for more.
You might be interested in:
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- How the Left Lost Teen Spirit
- Five Hours: How My Son’s Brief Life Changed Everything
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Hurricane Street
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Starve the Vulture: A Memoir
- Born on the Fourth of July
- Once There Was a Village
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- Chasing Water: Elegy of an Olympian
- Not for Everyday Use
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- The Path to Geneva: The Quest for a Permanent Agreement, 1996 – 2004
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- And Then I Danced: Traveling the Road to LGBT Equality
- Paradoxia: A Predator’s Diary
- Will Work for Drugs