To celebrate the release of Little Beasts — the latest from our Kaylie Jones Books imprint — we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Matthew McGevna on how a real-life crime inspired his debut novel.
Tag: Mastic Beach
To celebrate the release of Little Beasts —a powerful debut novel by Matthew McGevna and the latest release from our Kaylie Jones Books imprint — today we’re pleased to feature Matthew McGevna’s story from Long Island Noir, edited by Kaylie Jones.
Gateway to the Stars by Matthew McGevna Mastic Beach, Long Island (from Long Island Noir) Great with fear, Nick was deliberate about getting out of his car just as the policeman had told him. The order came after Nick was ordered to cut the engine because the noise from his broken muffler was “waking up […]
Featured: Black Interest
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- I Love You Too
- The Duppy
- May Digit
- Not for Everyday Use
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Every Boy Should Have a Man