I had talked myself into a luxurious three-bedroom apartment in a classic Tudor building in Jersey City. It was 1969. Back then, a suit and a little grooming would suffice if accompanied by a few months’ rent . . .
For our first date, we decided to drop acid on the Fourth of July, 1998 . . .
Which reminds you of the first time you ever dropped acid.
Hardly anyone then had ever heard of LSD. But rumors dawned of a great new drug which let you see God, or someone similar. Apocryphal stories drifted like alien blimps through misty skies. How LSD had been discovered by an atheist Swiss chemist who got some on his hands and became a holy man. How Aldous Huxley had taken tons of it and left his dying body behind, rising like a comet into heaven . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- The Lunatic
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Prospero’s Daughter
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Black Music
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The White House