Big Lew’s ample hips flopped over the sides of the wooden chair. The lunch crowd hadn’t yet begun to stream in . . .
Tag: Lower East Side
Hers wasn’t the first body to be found in the overgrown lot that once was a marsh that sucked and pulled with the tidal waters of the East River . . .
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell — the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, featuring a new introduction by Woodie King Jr. — we’re pleased to feature a spotlight on Woodie King Jr.’s New Federal Theatre.
To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nane)
- Black History Digit
- Loving Donovan
- Lost Canyon
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- To Funk and Die in LA
- Nairobi Noir (Kenya)