Big Lew’s ample hips flopped over the sides of the wooden chair. The lunch crowd hadn’t yet begun to stream in . . .
Tag: Lower East Side
Hers wasn’t the first body to be found in the overgrown lot that once was a marsh that sucked and pulled with the tidal waters of the East River . . .
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell — the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, featuring a new introduction by Woodie King Jr. — we’re pleased to feature a spotlight on Woodie King Jr.’s New Federal Theatre.
To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
Featured: Black Interest
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Caught Up
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- John Crow’s Devil
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Becoming Abigail
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Dance of the Jakaranda