Authors of the CHANGERS Series on the Today Show!
We went to dinner at the Russian Tea Room on West 57th Street. There was a gypsy beggar in the cold with a melancholy accordion player near the door. The music made me so sad I wanted to cry, but I went inside with Sir Rudolf . . .
I lie on his couch. It’s my spot now. I’ve spent whole days lying here. The cushions remember the arch of my back and the angles of my arms and legs, so it’s easy to find my place again when I move. He sits at his desk—next to the couch, in front of a laptop—and waits for his phone to ring. He is a businessman. His business is crack. He is always on call . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- May Digit
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Song for Night
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- The Accidental Hunter
- All or Nothing
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Prospero’s Daughter