To celebrate the release of The Shark Curtain — a powerful and unique look into a young creative mind by debut novelist Chris Scofield and the latest release from Akashic’s Black Sheep imprint for young readers — we’re very pleased to bring you a guest post by Carrie Howland, literary agent at Donadio & Olson, on what makes The Shark Curtain such a special book.
Tag: Literary Agent
Akashic is pleased to welcome the Signature Writers’ Services and Gary Heidt to the Old American Can Factory April 11 through April 25 for their seminar series, Insights into Book Publishing: A Literary Agent’s Insider Tips for Writer.
Continuing our feature Akashic in Good Company, which spotlights our colleagues in other corners of the publishing world, Akashic Books Managing Editor Johanna Ingalls speaks with Carrie Howland, Literary Agent at Donadio & Olsen.
Featured: Black Interest
- The Gospel According to Cane
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nane)
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Getting It Right
- Not for Everyday Use
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Caught Up
- I Am a Promise
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- The Game Don’t Change
- Nowhere Is a Place
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)