To celebrate the release of The Shark Curtain — a powerful and unique look into a young creative mind by debut novelist Chris Scofield and the latest release from Akashic’s Black Sheep imprint for young readers — we’re very pleased to bring you a guest post by Carrie Howland, literary agent at Donadio & Olson, on what makes The Shark Curtain such a special book.
Tag: Literary Agent
Akashic is pleased to welcome the Signature Writers’ Services and Gary Heidt to the Old American Can Factory April 11 through April 25 for their seminar series, Insights into Book Publishing: A Literary Agent’s Insider Tips for Writer.
Continuing our feature Akashic in Good Company, which spotlights our colleagues in other corners of the publishing world, Akashic Books Managing Editor Johanna Ingalls speaks with Carrie Howland, Literary Agent at Donadio & Olsen.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- What Is Punk?
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- The Accidental Hunter
- The Failure
- Go de Rass to Sleep
- Will Work for Drugs
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha