To celebrate the release of The Book of Harlan, we asked author Bernice L. McFadden for her top 5 historical novels.
Don’t be afraid — check out these titles this Friday the 13th.
Featured: Black Interest
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Gomer’s Song
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Haiti Noir
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Black Music
- The Roving Tree