I grit my teeth as I press my hand tighter against the hole in my stomach . . .
Tag: liquor store
Nancy took the job at the new liquor store to supplement her shitty government salary. The liquor store allowed her to work weekends and in the evenings after leaving her regular job—only a two-minute walk from one to the other. Every morning when she walked from her car to her office, she would see the same cast of characters posted up in front of the gray-and-beige county government building, which was situated only a few blocks from the homeless mission . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Black Orchid Blues
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- A Million Aunties
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor
- Prayer for the Living
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Music Is in Everything