Hers wasn’t the first body to be found in the overgrown lot that once was a marsh that sucked and pulled with the tidal waters of the East River . . .
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell — the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, featuring a new introduction by Woodie King Jr. — we’re pleased to feature a spotlight on Woodie King Jr.’s New Federal Theatre.
To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
Featured: Black Interest
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- All or Nothing
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- John Crow’s Devil
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Trinidad Noir