Hers wasn’t the first body to be found in the overgrown lot that once was a marsh that sucked and pulled with the tidal waters of the East River . . .
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell — the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, featuring a new introduction by Woodie King Jr. — we’re pleased to feature a spotlight on Woodie King Jr.’s New Federal Theatre.
To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
Featured: Black Interest
- The Angels’ Share
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Black Orchid Blues
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature