Hers wasn’t the first body to be found in the overgrown lot that once was a marsh that sucked and pulled with the tidal waters of the East River . . .
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell — the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, featuring a new introduction by Woodie King Jr. — we’re pleased to feature a spotlight on Woodie King Jr.’s New Federal Theatre.
To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Please Take Me Off the Guest List
- Letters to Kurt
- Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes
- Paradoxia: A Predator’s Diary
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- The Accidental Hunter
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water