Hers wasn’t the first body to be found in the overgrown lot that once was a marsh that sucked and pulled with the tidal waters of the East River . . .
To celebrate the release of The System of Dante’s Hell — the long-awaited reissue of Amiri Baraka’s remarkable 1965 novel, featuring a new introduction by Woodie King Jr. — we’re pleased to feature a spotlight on Woodie King Jr.’s New Federal Theatre.
To celebrate the release of The Sunshine Crust Baking Factory, we’re pleased to feature a statement from author Stacy Wakefield on how her own firsthand experiences in with squatting shaped her novel.
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Nowhere Is a Place
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- To Funk and Die in LA
- Move the Crowd: A Children’s Picture Book
- Prospero’s Daughter
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Dog War
- John Crow’s Devil
- God Carlos