Chris rattled his cigarette pack and placed it on the bar next to his Droid. He considered the cost of another cold beer and the cost of a fresh pack of smokes. He remembered pulling loosies out of a candy jar for a quarter each. Now it was hard to find loosies anywhere, and a pack of smokes in Brooklyn cost thirteen bucks. Even happy hour drinks at this old-school joint were expensive . . .
Tag: Last Smoke
Featured: Black Interest
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- She’s Gone
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- The Lunatic
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Not for Everyday Use
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Black Orchid Blues
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- The Angels’ Share
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean